Wednesday, January 14, 2009

wednesday

Where is the fun in my life?
Why don't I laugh more during the day?
Why can't my classes come more easily to me?

One. I think I am highly undeserving of fun. Yes, people should have fun once in a while but I myself am definitely don't even deserve that fun.

Two. Why? Because I don't work hard enough. I have assignments for lab that I need/should finish before 1:30pm today. And instead of staying up the night and working on them and finishing it I went to sleep instead. So what am I going to do today. I am sacrificing my 3 lectures today in hopes that it is enough time to fully complete my post-lab and pre-lab.

Three. I need to sleep less. I value sleep too much. Yesterday afternoon I met my bio adjunct tutor/professor? And she asked us how much should we be sleeping each night. One of us said 7 hours. Then she said nope, FIVE hours only and that if you sleep over 5 hours then your brain becomes blunt and dull. This evening I actually did sleep around 5 hours. So yes, that is my new goal, to only sleep for 5 hours each night.

Four. The only way my classes are going to come more easily to me is if I read and spend some time reviewing and working on those practice problems. It is my only way, I know it does work, I just sigh at the tediousness of it.

Five. I don't laugh too much during the day, because I am not really around people during opportunities where it's okay to suddenly burst in laughter. When I am on campus, it's usually just lecture and library for me.

Six. I think I'll try and change that and try and have some lunch dates here and there.

Seven. Lets use the weekends to make it less difficult for ourselves during the week. My hardest days are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. But after Wednesday, I can stop holding my breath and get some new oxygen into my lungs and the rest of my body. Wednesdays are my toughest days because of labs, specifically organic chemistry lab, so much is required of you before you even begin lab. There are lab lectures to go to for making the pre-lab a little more understandable. There is the actual lab. Then there is the post-lab with a 2 page analysis due before you have your next lab. So if I could just work on at least my post-lab on the weekends, it would definitely make the daunting Wednesday arrive a little less daunting than it has been lately. Daunting Wednesdays because it's usually a time crunch due to procrastination to finish and understand my lab assignments.

Eight. Today.
Right now it is 5 in the morning.
I will eat some breakfast. I will hop in the shower. [sometimes I feel slightly dizzy if I shower first than eat and something about eating with a wet head is unpleasant to me.]
First, I will on my BME problem set.
Second, I will work on my post-lab.
Third, my pre-lab. Hopefully what I miss in class today is not too too bad.
Fourth, I will go to physics lab.
Then I will have my 2 hour break which will include my dinner time.
Fifth, I will have the chem lab.
Sixth, come back home, eat something. Wash face. And physics physics physics. To prepare for my physics quiz in discussion tomorrow. Got to ace them all now because last week was a definite no-no.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good luck with the sleep thing. I don't think i could ever do just 5 hours. I only had like 7 hours of sleep a few days in a row and i had a headache starting up the next day. All better now! I miss you!

Ruth said...

ok. that thing about 5 hours is definately wrong. no one can function on 5 hours! i need like AT LEAST 8 to feel normal

5 hours is too sad :(