Spring break seems so long ago. I'll always remember it as a happy time.
I found one dollar yarn. Bowling with $1 per game. Breaking 100 in bowling, it's been a while since I've been able to do that. Eating sushi that was 50% off. Spending the few moments I had holding his hand and getting a good grasp of his scent. He never smells bad to me even when he got sweaty after debut practice, if anything I could get a better grip on that enticing scent. I don't know, I must be a weirdo or have a weird nose or MAYBE I was a vampire once before. aha. I will remember this spring break as the week that I got bitten by the bug. The Twilight bug. My neighbor and my sisters rented it the Saturday I came back and yes after that I was imprisoned, sentenced to read all four books. I was so consumed by it, that it messed up my sleeping as I read late into the night and woke up early in the mornings to finish them. So far gone was I, that as I'd fall asleep reading, the book didn't end as my mind was creating the rest of the story in my dreams as if someone was reading the book to me. THAT was weird. Sadly I don't remember exactly how the story unfolded in my dreams so I don't know if I have any powers to see into the future like Alice.
But yes. Spring break is over and I can finally put Twilight behind for the time being even though I've been playing the soundtrack nonstop.
Time to begin the new quarter. And I'm wiped out already.
I've signed up for 20 units but I know I'm dropping one class. I just don't know which one to drop.
The classes I cannot or will not drop are Bio 100LW (a bio lab that also counts for upper division writing and it's a lot of work already!) and Bio 99 (molecular biology).
The other three classes are
N110 (neurobiology and behavior) and I find it really really interesting.
P9 (introduction to psychology and social behavior) a GE class that seems to be very doable.
and
Chem 51C (the last chem class that I have to take! yay!)
I'm contemplating dropping the chem and taking it over the summer so that I can just focus on that instead of having to balance it with a bunch of other things.
But if I don't drop that, I think it will be N110.
Yesterday was my 13 hours on campus day.
I had psych, bio, and chem back to back for 5.5 hours. then a break to eat lunch. then bio lab lecture and bio lab back to back for 4.5 hours. then after that I went to Liwanag. And when I was walking to the shuttle stop I saw I had a missed call from home.
I called back and my aunt answered my phone. Something was wrong. My dad was at home too, but why was he home? He's supposed to be at work during this time. And then I learned my uncle had passed away. I was stunned. He had a heart attack while he was asleep. I don't think he was even 50 yet. It took us all by surprise. I'm okay. I just feel really bad for my grandma. She lost my grandpa less than 5 years ago and now she has lost a son. But at least it doesn't look like he suffered or was in any pain and after my grandfather's cancer, that's all anyone can ask for. My dad, my grandma, and my aunt will be going to the Philippines as early as Thursday. And my sisters will be staying with our neighbor during their spring break because my mom's already in the Philippines on a planned visit.
Ups and downs. Twists and turns.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment