I spent this past weekend with my relatives in LA. It was really nice eating home-cooked food and watching a superhero movie marathon with my cousin. We watched The Dark Knight and Iron Man (twice!). And when they dropped me back off to my apartment they offered that I stay with them for my next school year and told me to tell my parents.
I quickly thanked them for the offer and said I'd pass the word along to mom and dad (they're both in the Philippines right now, they come back this week). This piece of news definitely got me wondering. Become a commuter and save about $6000?! That is definitely something to think about. But if I do that, that would mean driving 60 miles round trip every time I go to school. But if I worked my schedule so that I would only be on campus either 2-3 times a week, that would be good.
Money's definitely tight nowadays. And the less debt, the better.
But is becoming a commuter worth the lesser debt?
Cons:
-30-40min commute one way. tiring. commuting is inconvenient.
-traffic
-8am classes will be ridiculous
-less freedom more or less. I won't be able to just leave on a Friday night and go to a party and come back at 3 in the morning. But then again, I don't even party much.
-more constriction with trying to schedule things
-possibly more distraction
Pros:
-A LOT CHEAPER
-my own room
-possibly less distraction
-filipino food
-i'd probably keep my room a lot cleaner
So I can't think of too many pros at the moment. But price is a HUGE factor. hmmm
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i feel you dude. the whole money issue is pretty big tho. its worth like.. 3 or 4 cons :P
but the whole early class waking up thing is pretty big too
its hard to decide isnt it :(
BTW my sister's going to irvine next year! (did i already tell you?)
Post a Comment