Wednesday, May 13, 2009

weirdness

yesterday was my day of odd bus ride conversations

here was the oddest one

it was 7:30pm and I was taking the shuttle back to my apartment.

the bus filled up very fast but I was able to snag a seat at the very end of the bus.

I'm minding my own business, ipod on listening to panic at the disco with both earbuds in my ears with my backpack in front of me. I'm holding my keys and a small black container.

Then all hell breaks loose. jk.

The guy next to me starts talking to me.

Guy: what's in there? [referring to the round, black container]
rox: Oh I was collecting rolly pollies for bio 100lw. we were doing an experiment to find out what environment they prefer...
guy: I used to be bio. I switched out a couple quarters ago.
rox: Oh, so what are you now?
guy: psych. what are you?
rox: i'm bio [i thought that was already inferred]
guy: no, what ethnicity are you?
rox: ugh I'm filipino. Why, what are you?
guy: Oh I thought you were mixed. I'm just chinese.

....
by this time I'm thinking this is going to be a long bus ride.

guy: so what do you want to do with bio?
rox: a nurse, I think. what do you want to do with psych?
guy: a therapist
rox: that's cool

...

guy: so have you ever been a nurse for halloween?
rox: haha, no.

[oh geeze. this is going to be a long ride, we're not even at the halfway point on the route. he's already wondering if i'm slutty on halloween.]

he continues to ask me where I'm living next year.
When my lease ends.
If I'm still living with my current roomies.

and the ride is almost over

guy: so what's your name?
and so I gave him my name. and asked what his name was.

and when I got off at my stop I was in fear that he was going to add me no fb. He has not done so, so far. lol. I already fb searched him. we have 2 mutual friends.

so weird so weird.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

LOL
sorry i shouldnt laugh
but the way it was written is so funny to me :)

you should just .. not add him
WHAT IF YOU SEE HIM AGAIN THOUGH! XD

Rebecca said...

haha, i agree with Ruth. you poor thing and your bugs :P